Re: Partitioned table question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reid Thompson
Subject Re: Partitioned table question
Date
List pgsql-general
So we know have data in ~30 partitioned tables.
Our requirements now necessitate adding some columns to all these tables
( done ) which will get populated via batch sql for the older tables and
by normal processing as we move forward.

The batch update is going to result in dead tuples in the older tables.
What would be the recommended way to recover this dead space?
Vacuum full children tables + reindex children tables?  or....

Thanks,
reid