Re: [INTERFACES] cant connect - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] cant connect
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Joe Dieckert <dieckert@cabnet.net> writes:
> The backend start okay and we can access the data on the local machine
> runing psql but cannont on another machine on the same net.  We tried
> adding PAM modules and adding the tcp port to the services files.  We
> tried to log in as many different users but it just keeps telling us on
> the remote and local machine that authenication has failed.

Sounds like the pg_hba.conf file on the server machine is not set up
to allow access from anywhere except that same machine.  It has to
contain an entry matching the IP address of the machine you want to
connect from.  See the administrator documentation, or check the
archives of this list --- I recall the same problem being discussed
just a week or two back.

            regards, tom lane