Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bernd Helmle píše v čt 17. 09. 2009 v 23:26 +0200:

> --On 17. September 2009 23:00:12 +0300 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> > f the name is a problem, why not change the name?  What you are
> > proposing above is effectively a very elaborate name change, so why not
> > go for a simpler one?
>
> I don't like the solution by using -o "<initdb options>" to push down
> command line options to initdb. I always had the opinion that this was (and
> is) a valid workaround for postgres itself, but it doesn't feel correct to
> expose that further to initdb and its purposes.

hmm, I could modify it that all args after init keyword will be pass to
the initdb like this:

pg_ctl -D /tmp/db init [<my favorite switches>] initdb [<my favorite switches>]

and "pg_ctl -h init" will show help which commands are allowed.
Zdenek