Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: [patch] pg_ctl init extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 17. September 2009 23:00:12 +0300 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
wrote:

> f the name is a problem, why not change the name?  What you are
> proposing above is effectively a very elaborate name change, so why not
> go for a simpler one?

I don't like the solution by using -o "<initdb options>" to push down
command line options to initdb. I always had the opinion that this was (and
is) a valid workaround for postgres itself, but it doesn't feel correct to
expose that further to initdb and its purposes.

My 2 cents...

--
Thanks
Bernd