Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? ) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? )
Date
List pgsql-general
"Milen Kulev" <makulev@gmx.net> writes:
> I am  getting the commands you mention:
>  pg_restore  -C -Fc tdb1b.bak  1> OUT
>  Less OUT:

> CREATE DATABASE testdb1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = tbs1;
> ALTER DATABASE testdb1 OWNER TO pg;
> \connect testdb1

> , but testdb1  is NOT created !

So why not?  Try reading the error messages that are (probably) reported
when you run the script.  Maybe you're trying to run the script as a
user that hasn't got CREATEDB privilege?

            regards, tom lane