Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff).. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff)..
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 10:16 -0400, Chander Ganesan wrote:

> > FYI, my view is that we should include any training events in which
> > PostgreSQL is a part of the technology stack and will be used directly
> > in some way. It helps show the visitors to our site the diverse range
> > of activities and applications in use around the project. If you see
> > what I mean :-)
> >

> The problem I see is that it opens the events page up to lots of things
> that are fairly unrelated to PostgreSQL.  For example, a Python course
> that teaches users how to interface with PostgreSQL, a PHP course that
> does the same, Perl training, etc...
>
> IMHO, people who go to the training page are looking for PostgreSQL
> training, they might be discouraged by a large number of "noise" courses
> that are barely related to PostgreSQL.  I think it's unlikely that
> someone would browse to that page to see "how diverse the range of
> activities are"....  It's unlikely that someone would go to the
> PostgreSQL.org site looking for MapServer training....

Well we are an inclusive community, which means if it pertains to
PostgreSQL we list it. However, I definitely think we need some way to
delineate if it is a "PostgreSQL" training or a secondary training that
includes PostgreSQL such as you list above.

Not sure how best to do that.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -