Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD
Date
Re: hot standby - merged up to CVS HEAD  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 00:02 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Also, to my knowledge, nobody has really looked through the results to
> > see if they are any good, so the success of the endeavor remains in
> > doubt from my point of view.  That's a bit of a shame because I am
> > interested in putting some more time into this, but I don't have the
> > knowledge or experience to "fly solo" here.
>
> Well, Simon stated that your version should now be used as the most
> recent one, so I would call that a success.

I'm not sure why you're stirring this up again.

Simon didn't state that the above. You can re-read my words and we can
debate their meaning, but that's just a waste of time.

I shouldn't have to publicly justify why I haven't finished working on a
patch, when a) we have time, b) it's summer and c) I've already said I
would finish the patch, very very clearly in a big loud voice. I expect
to finish and commit comfortably in 2009, leaving many months before
next release.

So, as I said before, I expect to be left in peace to finish my own
work. There wouldn't be anything to finish if it wasn't for me. I
specifically don't want to review other people's versions of work when
I'm trying to do my own, nor do I expect others to encourage multiple
authors on the same piece of work.