Re: Using unnest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Using unnest
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 22:24 +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I was trying to use information from the pg_stats view, when I remembered that 8.4 now has the cool
> unnest function.
>
> However I can't seem to get this to work with a column defined as anyarray.

It's generally hard to work with values of type anyarray. You have to
cast them to text and then to a normal array type.

For example:

  select unnest(histogram_bounds::text::oid[]) from pg_stats where
         tablename='pg_amop' and attname='amopopr';

Regards,
    Jeff Davis