Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample
Date
Re: suggestion: log_statement = sample
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 13:24 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:

> > > It is not possible for us. Logging millions of statements take too much time.
>
> This is a ridiculous statement.

No it isn't.

>   In actual practice, full query logging
> is 1/50 the amount of disk I/O as the actual database activity.  If your
> systems are so stressed that they can't handle another 2% increase, then
> you've got bigger problems lurking.

It depends on the system. I have seen even big systems take a huge hit
by full logging due to transactional velocity.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/