Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
Re: Vote on Windows installer links  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Vote on Windows installer links  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 17:07 +0300, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 14:31 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
> > So two companies that support PostgreSQL are refusing to supply
> > installation files without this link? An interesting definition of
> > support.
>
> I could not understand how you got that point from what I wrote. I am
> not in the point of saying any word in the name of EDB or CMD.

Removing links does not imply that the companies concerned will stop
providing the files to PostgreSQL does it?

> > Surely we can remove the links and ask for the files also. If
> > everybody plays to the same rules, all is good, no?
>
> Please stop Simon, please.

Stop what? Stop asking for something that a significant number and a
clear majority of people have agreed is desirable? Why would I? I think
the companies concerned should consider stopping.