Re: performance with query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alberto Dalmaso
Subject Re: performance with query
Date
Re: performance with query
List pgsql-performance
Il giorno mar, 16/06/2009 alle 15.58 +0100, Matthew Wakeling ha scritto:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Alberto Dalmaso wrote:
> >> What does your postgresql.conf file look like?
>
> > enable_hashjoin = off
> > enable_nestloop = off
> > enable_seqscan = off
> > enable_sort = off
>
> Why are these switched off?

because of the need to pump up the performance of the complex query. If
I set then to on then it try to use nasted loop even in the complex
query and that query does never arrive to a response.... and, of course,
I need a response from it!!!
So my problem is to find a configuration taht save performance for all
the two kind of query, but I'm not abble to find it.
Move to parameters of the RAM can save a 10% of the time in the complex
query, wile I have no changes on the simple one...