How to store text files in the postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

Hello,

I am very new to postgresql database. I`ve used a little of MySql
previously.

My task is to store a lot (10^5) of small ( <10 MB) text files in the
database with the ability to restore them back to the hard drive on
demand.

That means that I need two functions. First - grab file from the
directory, store it in the database and delete from the disk; second -
recreate in back to the disk.

1/ Is it possible?
2/ Could you give me some quick tips on how to manage it from the start
so that I knew what to look for in the manual?

Thank you for your time.
Dimitry