Re: [HACKERS] Problem with dlopen and PostgreSQL - load of file failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Problem with dlopen and PostgreSQL - load of file failed
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Problem with dlopen and PostgreSQL - load of file failed
List pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so failed: dlopen (/usr/pgsql/modules/glaccount.so) failed

> The error message isn't very informative.

Dynamic loaders tend to be pretty horrid about that :-(.  My bet is
a failure to resolve an external reference to another shared library.
Try using "ldd" (or local equivalent) on the shlib to find out what
other shlibs it depends on.  Be suspicious if ldd fails to show all the
dependencies you expect (eg, practically anything will depend on libc);
that probably means the linker failed to locate the other shlib when
linking this one.  Next make sure all those other shlibs are in the
right places, and are known to the system if your system keeps a table
of shlibs.  Then start checking *their* dependencies...