Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/rserv ApplySnapshot.in CleanLog. ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexey V. Borzov
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/rserv ApplySnapshot.in CleanLog. ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Peter,

Tuesday, October 01, 2002, 1:42:46 AM, you wrote:

PE> Bruce Momjian writes:

>> Peter, the author is questioning why his Makefile changes were wrong.
>> Would you elaborate?

PE> Because we rely on the built-in library lookup functionality instead of
PE> hardcoding the full file name.
 Agh! I finally read up on module loading
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/xfunc-c.html#XFUNC-C-DYNLOAD and now I seem to understand. You see, the
problemwith the current Makefile is as follows: it substitutes '$libdir' into both .sql and perl files. While this is
goodenough for sql, $libdir is consumed by Perl and thus perl scripts do NOT work. Thanks for elaborating, I'll try to
producea better patch ASAP.

--
С уважением, Алексей Борзов
отдел интернет-проектов ООО "РДВ-Медиа"