Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dickson S. Guedes
Subject Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench
Date
Re: Patch to fix search_path defencies with pg_bench  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Em Qua, 2009-05-06 às 09:37 -0400, Tom Lane escreveu:
> Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> > I once did some pgbench testing on a system that included a real
> > "accounts" table in a named schema.  "pgbench -i" will execute "drop table
> > if exists accounts".  It had already accidentally wiped out the copy of
> > the accounts table on the system during an earlier test, before the schema
> > policy was in place, leaving everyone wary of it.
>
> Seems like the right policy for that is "run pgbench in its own
> database".

A text warning about this could be shown at start of pgbench if the
target database isn't named "pgbench", for examplo, or just some text
could be added to the docs.

regards.
--
Dickson S. Guedes