Re: Error installing Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Error installing Postgres
Date
Re: Error installing Postgres
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 10:13 -0700, Christine Penner wrote:
> I am upgrading from 8.3.4 to 8.3.7. That's why I'm confused. The
> notes said I wouldn't have to do that. 8.3.4 was the original install.

What OS are you running? How did you go about upgrading?

Debian/Ubuntu will use --integer-datetimes by default. If the machine
was once compiled from source you could see the problem.

RedHat/Cent/Fedora has long used the incorrect default of floating based
timestamps. If you downloaded the wrong package from pgsqlrpms then you
could run into the error (pgsqlrpms has both --integer-datetimes and
floating based packages (for compatibility).

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/