Re: [Q] specifying bigint - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From V S P
Subject Re: [Q] specifying bigint
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,
thank you
that worked

I kind of do not understand still why there is a conversion
to string -- is this 'expected behavior'
(so that at least I would know in the future it applies to somewhere
else)

Also wanted to ask

is SQLRowCount() function working for
updates and inserts?

thank you in advance,
Vlad

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:26 +0900, "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue@tpf.co.jp>
wrote:
> V S P wrote:
> > HI,
> > I did some more tracing, and it looks like the data is sent to ODBC
> > correctly  (bigint, char, bigint)
> > and it is somewhere within ODBC driver or after, bigints are converted
> > to strings
> > Wanted to ask if there is may be a workaround of some sort to keep
> > bigints
> > as number not strings
> >

> > here is the ODBC trace of the offending update (Ascii driver on windows)
> > the bigint appear to be 'announced' as bigints
> > (prb_bigint is my program name)
> >
> > The error indicates, however that somewhere bigint is converted to a
> > string
> > in 'f3=t.f3"
> >
> >     DIAG [42883] ERROR: operator does not exist: bigint = text;
> > Error while executing the query (7)

> > prb_bigint      d98-110 ENTER SQLPrepare
> >         HSTMT               00921C28
> >         UCHAR *             0x009078F0 [      -3] "UPDATE test_tab SET f2= t.f2,f3=t.f3 from(VALUES( ?          , ?
          , ?          ))as t(f1,f2,f3) WHERE test_tab.f1=t.f1\ 0"

--
  V S P
  toreason@fastmail.fm