Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date
Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me  (Andy Lester <andy@petdance.com>)
Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andy Lester <andy@petdance.com> writes:
> And if you're an Emacs person, you can help figure out what the
> modeline should be for Emacs, and we can get that in there, too.

If you're an Emacs person, you fix it in your ~/.emacs file so that
every .c file in the Postgres tree is automatically handled with the
correct mode.  Surely vi apologists can make their editor do the same.

Let me make it perfectly clear that a patch to add either vi or emacs
decoration to every file in the tree will be rejected out of hand.
We had a similar thing for awhile with the .sgml files, and got rid of
that because it sucked ...