Re: recatalog existing databases after re-build from source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: recatalog existing databases after re-build from source
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 15:28 -0400, gnuoytr@rcn.com wrote:
> Going through the PLPython threads on the Planet, I realied that I needed plpython.  So I rebuilt PG with python,
expectingthat I could then re-catalog the databases.  But, not.  initdb, wants the data directory, which is where the
databasefiles are, and doesn't run if it's not empty.  The data directories have descriptive names like 16431, etc.

> These are only small test db's; losing them is not a big deal, but is there a way to get them back?
>
> When I went to   createlang  I got the no "root" user message, which is why I went to look at initdb.  adduser says
thatpostgres user exists, which makes sense.

I am having a hard time understanding your problem. Why do you have to
recatalog the databases? Why not just createlang -u postgres?

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/