Re: [SQL] Cache lookup failed with FUNCTION + TRIGGER - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [SQL] Cache lookup failed with FUNCTION + TRIGGER
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Stéphane FILLON" <fillons@offratel.nc> writes:
> create function client() returns opaque as '
> begin
>   if new.nocli ISNULL then
>      raise exception "nocli null";
>   end if;
> end;
> ' language 'plpgsql';

> create trigger client before insert on client
> for each row execute procedure client();

> When I try to insert a tuple in client I have the following error:

> "ERROR: fmgr_info: function 149857: cache lookup failed"

I'm guessing you dropped and recreated the function without dropping
and recreating the trigger.  It looks like triggers link to functions
on the basis of OID, not name, so after you recreate the function (with
a new OID), the old trigger no longer has a procedure to execute...
        regards, tom lane