patch for space around the FragmentDelimiter - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sushant Sinha
Subject patch for space around the FragmentDelimiter
Date
List pgsql-hackers
FragmentDelimiter is an argument for ts_headline function to separates
different headline fragments. The default delimiter is " ... ".
Currently if someone specifies the delimiter as an option to the
function, no extra space is added around the delimiter. However, it does
not look good without space around the delimter.

Since the option parsing function removes any space around the  given
value, it is not possible to add any desired space. The attached patch
adds space when a FragmentDelimiter is specified.

QUERY:

SELECT ts_headline('english', '
Day after day, day after day,
  We stuck, nor breath nor motion,
As idle as a painted Ship
  Upon a painted Ocean.
Water, water, every where
  And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
  Nor any drop to drink.
S. T. Coleridge (1772-1834)
', to_tsquery('english', 'Coleridge & stuck'),
'MaxFragments=2,FragmentDelimiter=***');

OLD RESULT
                ts_headline
 after day, day after day,
   We <b>stuck</b>, nor breath nor motion,
 As idle as a painted Ship
   Upon a painted Ocean.
 Water, water, every where
   And all the boards did shrink;
 Water, water, every where***drop to drink.
 S. T. <b>Coleridge</b>
(1 row)

NEW RESULT after the patch

                 ts_headline
 after day, day after day,
   We <b>stuck</b>, nor breath nor motion,
 As idle as a painted Ship
   Upon a painted Ocean.
 Water, water, every where
   And all the boards did shrink;
 Water, water, every where *** drop to drink.
 S. T. <b>Coleridge</b>

Attachment