Re: Hot standby, recovery infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Hot standby, recovery infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 17:50 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Hmm, I think we have small issue if the last WAL segment restored from
> the archive is an incomplete one:

All normal archive recoveries have "complete" WAL files, since an xlog
switch record jumps past missing entries at the end of the file. So I
was just about to say "how can it be an incomplete one?", to which the
answer is file damage of some kind causing a failed CRC check.

So yes, it is possible and no, the patch doesn't work that way yet.

It's enough to give WALMgr problems at failover, certainly.