Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Nobody has suggested bouncing HS; there is only a debate about how soon
>> it's likely to be appliable.  Any company who imagined they had a
>> guarantee about it getting into 8.4 is simply misguided.

> I was complaining about it being bounced to 8.5 without proper review
> as I've said elsewhere in one of these threads.

Huh?  It's been getting "proper review" for three months now.  I don't
think I need to have studied the code in detail before I'm entitled to
point out that it's horribly late and is still getting revised like mad.
If it weren't something that people desperately want, it would have been
punted to 8.5 quite some time ago.