Re: RLS 9.5rc1 configuration changes? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RLS 9.5rc1 configuration changes?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> writes:
> I had been using CrunchyDatas 9.4 with backported RLS but I decided
> since my ultimate target is 9.5 that I update to it. However now the
> function called for the SELECT policy is not being called. \dt shows
> the policy but EXPLAIN ANALYZE of a select doesn't show the filter.

I'm not sure how Crunchy's 9.4 version behaves, but I'd expect the
policy USING condition to be visible in EXPLAIN in 9.5.

Are you perhaps testing this as a superuser?  Superusers bypass RLS
even with FORCE ROW LEVEL SECURITY.

> ... The only
> changes I made for 9.5 were to no longer set row_security to 'force'
> in postgresql.conf

What did you set it to instead?

            regards, tom lane