Re: A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs?
Date
Re: A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs?  (Reg Me Please <regmeplease@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 13:35 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I think the best solution is to make first-class interval types (for
> time as well as other types). Those intervals can then have operators
> like "contains" and "contained by" which would solve your problem.
>
> Additionally, it would allow lots of other interesting operations, like
> overlaps and intersects.

I wrote such an interval type here, called "period" (to avoid confusion
with the SQL INTERVAL type):

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/temporal

Regards,
    Jeff Davis