Re: How to change the ownership of the table? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to change the ownership of the table?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ramesh H R <ramesh@easi.soft.net> writes:
> Please, any one guide me how to change the ownership of the table?

There's an ALTER TABLE command for this in current sources, but I think
it's new in 7.1.  In older releases, you have to reach in by hand and
change the 'relowner' field of the table's pg_class row to match the
'usesysid' field of the pg_shadow entry for the desired new owner.

Working out the exact UPDATE command to use is left as an exercise
for the student ;-)
        regards, tom lane