Re: disable seqscan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: disable seqscan
Date
List pgsql-general
Nick Raj <nickrajjain@gmail.com> writes:
>> Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
>>> It sounds like your index can't actually be used to satisfy your
>>> query.  Without seeing the table definition, index definition, and
>>> query, however, it's pretty hard to give you a real answer.

>> explain analyze select * from vehicle_stindex where
>> ndpoint_overlap('(116.4,39.3,2008/02/11 11:11:11),(117.8,39.98,2008/02/13
>> 11:11:11)',stpoint);

>> I have defined a datatype called ndpoint. It works same as contrib/cube
>> code (cube datatype).

Indexes can only be used with WHERE conditions that are of the form
    indexed_column  operator  some_expression
where the operator is one of those belonging to the index's operator
class.  You haven't told us what operators you put into the operator
class for this new data type, but in any case the function
ndpoint_overlap is not one of them.

            regards, tom lane