Re: primary index permits duplicates - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: primary index permits duplicates
Date
List pgsql-general
H Hale <hhale21@rogers.com> writes:
>  dsuuid is a custom data type for uuids with an external library with comparsion functions.

Unless you can reproduce this with a standard datatype, you should
probably file this report with the developer(s) of dsuuid.  It sounds
like an incorrect comparison function to me.

>  The compare returns 0 if equal otherwise non-zero.

In fact, if that's what the code actually thinks the API is, that's
the problem right there ... it's supposed to be a three-way result.

            regards, tom lane