Re: problem with splitting a string - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problem with splitting a string
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Werner Echezuria <wercool@gmail.com> writes:
> Well, I use TextDatumGetCString in the main file, but it remains with the
> weird characters.

Hmm, no ideas then.  Your interface code looks fine (making parse_str
const seems a bit strange, but it's not related to the problem at hand).
Given that the problems appear at token boundaries I'd guess that re2c
isn't behaving the way you expect, but I'm not familiar with that tool
so I can't give any specific advice.

> About the PS: Ok, I understand that if I want that you include this as a
> contrib module I need to use bison/flex, I never thought about it, but I now
> have a couple of questions:
> What are the chances to really include it in PostgreSQL as a contrib module?
> Are there any requirement I have to follow?

Well, it'd mainly be a question of whether there's enough interest out
there, which I can't judge.  From a project standpoint we just require
that it be BSD-licensed and not impose any undue new burden on
maintainers (thus not wanting new build tools), but beyond that it's a
matter of how many people might use it.