Re: FK triggers misused?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: FK triggers misused?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Andrew - Supernews, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (Andrew - Supernews, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
   Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: FK triggers misused?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
 Re: FK triggers misused?  (cluster, )
  Re: FK triggers misused?  (Stephan Szabo, )

Idly thumbing through the code, I came across something that might
possibly explain your results.  Do the rows being updated contain
NULLs in the foreign-key columns?  I see that ri_KeysEqual() treats
two null values as not equal, which might be overzealous respect for
SQL null semantics in this context.

            regards, tom lane