Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j e ct - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j e ct
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
>> Yeah, this is great, particularly since it includes the OIDs.  However,
>> the OIDs don't seem to entirely match up with the LOCK_DEBUG output.
>> I'm wondering if somehow we're locking the wrong OIDs?

This may be a false alarm --- I had forgotten that relation locks are
taken at Parse or Bind time, hence the lock-grabbing associated with a
given command will be logged *before* the exec_execute_message log
entry.  Still sifting through the log, but thought I'd better mention
this in case anyone else is equally confused.

There is one completely unexplainable bit here, though: I see no
evidence of LOCKTAG_TRANSACTION locks being taken or released anywhere
in this log excerpt.  That makes no sense to me ... anyone?

            regards, tom lane