Re: seeing type defination.. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject Re: seeing type defination..
Date
List pgsql-sql

Sorry it works.

actually i tried the worng things first i shud have
RTFM ;-)

by the way there is still a lacuna i cannot  exclusively list
my custom return  types within a schema , the pg_catalog
name space is always included and have typically 60 type
entries , so when i do

\dT everything is listed will it be possible in 7.4 to list types
in a schema only ?

i have reserved a namespace for holding just return types
becoz i cannot specity composites return types while declaring
functions like

CREATE FUNCTION foo (int , text ) RETURNS SETOF (int , double , text ) AS '

'  language 'blah'   ;

we need to create a return type first just for that,

would it be cool to allow the syntax above ?

regds
mallah.

tradein_clients=# \dT custom_return_types.table_desc              List of data types      Schema        |    Name    |
Description
---------------------+------------+-------------custom_return_types | table_desc |
(1 row)

tradein_clients=# \dT+ custom_return_types.table_desc                          List of data types      Schema        |
 Name    | Internal name | Size  | Description
| tuple |
(1 row)

tradein_clients=# \d custom_return_types.table_desc
Composite type "custom_return_types.table_desc" Column  | Type
----------+------attname  | nametypeinfo | text

tradein_clients=#