Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics
Date
Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
mike@busbud.com writes:
> Sorry, I couldn't install the most recent minor release, but I did try this
> on several different versions. I used Heroku to try a 9.4.3 build, and got
> the same results

> select 'ț' as input, unaccent('ț') as observed, 't' as expected;
>  input | observed | expected
> -------+----------+----------
>  ț     | ț        | t
> (1 row)

Hm, I do see

Å£    t

in unaccent.rules, so the transformation ought to happen.  I suspect
an encoding issue, eg your terminal window is not transmitting characters
in the encoding Postgres thinks you're using.  You did not provide any
info about server encoding, client encoding, or client LC_xxx environment,
so it's hard to debug from here.

            regards, tom lane