Re: Writing triggers in C++ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Writing triggers in C++
Date
Re: Writing triggers in C++  (Jacob Rief <jacob.rief@gmx.at>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jacob Rief <jacob.rief@gmx.at> writes:
> I tried to write a trigger using C++.

That is most likely not going to work anyway, because the backend
operating environment is C not C++.  If you dumb it down enough
--- no exceptions, no RTTI, no use of C++ library --- then it might
work, but at that point you're really coding in C anyway.

> Is there any convention how to rename such identifiers? If I would
> rename those identifiers (I simply would add an underscore to each of
> them), would such a patch be accepted and adopted onto one of the next
> releases?

No.  Because of the above problems, we don't see much reason to avoid
C++'s extra keywords.