Re: machine-readable explain output v4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: machine-readable explain output v4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Uh, no, I see one container and a property.  If we do just
>>
>>        <Filter><Expr>(f1 > 0)</Expr></Filter>
>>
>> then where do we put additional information about the expression
>> when the time comes?

> I would assume you would just write:

> <Filter><Text>(f1 > 0)</Text><Other-Stuff>thing!</Other-Stuff></Filter>

Perhaps the issue would be clearer in JSON notation.  We have
"Filter": "(f1 > 0)"

What I suggest is
"Filter": { "Text": "(f1 > 0)" }

I don't see where you're going to shoehorn in any additional information
without the container, and once you have the container you need to name
the property, no?