Re: Setting up Postgresql on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Setting up Postgresql on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
phil campaigne <pcampaigne@charter.net> writes:
> when I login to linux and check the env's I see:

PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/postgres/bin:/opt/IBMJava2-14/bin:/opt/IBMJava2-14/jre/bin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

What are you checking exactly?  If it's not the output of "env" then
I would say you are looking at the wrong thing.  Possibly you're looking
at a profile file that neglects to "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH", or some such.

> I cannot execute the following:
> psql testdb
> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

This is clearly picking up an incompatible version of libpq.so
(specifically, psql was built with SSL support but libpq.so wasn't).
I'd suggest trying "which psql" and "ldd" on the psql executable
to figure out exactly what's what.

            regards, tom lane