Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Ability to reference other extensions by schema in extension scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Regina Obe" <lr@pcorp.us> writes:
>> making the no_relocate values visible somehow, I'm not convinced that
>> pg_available_extension_versions should be the place to do it.  ISTM what's
>> relevant is the no_relocate values of *installed* extensions, not those of
>> potentially-installable extensions.  If we had a view over pg_extension then
>> that might be a place to add this, but we don't.  On the whole it didn't seem
>> important enough to pursue, so I just left it out.

> Thanks.  Agree with get_available_versions_for_extension, not necessary.

If we did feel like doing something about this, on reflection I think
the thing to do would be to add no_relocate as an actual column in
pg_extension, probably of type "oid[]".  Then we could modify the
SET SCHEMA code to check that instead of parsing the extension control
files.  That'd be a little cleaner, but I can't say that I'm hugely
excited about it.