Re: How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 09:57 -0400, Kevin Murphy wrote:
> What's the easiest RPM-based way to install postgresql-jdbc on CentOS
> 5?  I just became aware of the JPackage project, which seems
> appealing,  but it doesn't have an up-to-date version of
> postgresql-jdbc.

I don't think that there is an RPM way to do it, at least for now. See
below:

> When yum installs the PGDG postgresql-jdbc-8.3.3 RPM on CentOS 5, it
> appears to want to drag in GCJ dependencies, but I want to use a Sun
> JDK.  The JDK is pre-installed by the Rocks V cluster distribution,
> which is based on CentOS 5.

Upstream (I mean, Tom) is building -jdbc package with open source
components for a long time, and I am following that, too. We were
directly installing the binary jar files under /usr/share/java without
compilation.

So, you will need to install jar files I think:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#supported

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ