How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Murphy
Subject How to use postgresql-jdbc rpm with Sun JDK
Date
List pgsql-general
What's the easiest RPM-based way to install postgresql-jdbc on CentOS
5?  I just became aware of the JPackage project, which seems appealing,
but it doesn't have an up-to-date version of postgresql-jdbc.

I'm using Devrim GÜNDÜZ's very nice PostgreSQL repository
(pgsqlrpms.org) with yum.

When yum installs the PGDG postgresql-jdbc-8.3.3 RPM on CentOS 5, it
appears to want to drag in GCJ dependencies, but I want to use a Sun
JDK.  The JDK is pre-installed by the Rocks V cluster distribution,
which is based on CentOS 5.

Thanks,
Kevin Murphy