Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > It seems to me a better solution is to have appropriate repositories for
> > distributions that have them than some cpan style thing that is going to
> > break package dependencies.
>
> Better than CPAN is no problem ;-).  My point is just that we should
> exploit PG's extensibility rather than assume that everything
> interesting must wind up in the core tarball.

Heh, o.k. :)

> > apt-get install postgresql-plproxy
> > portinstall (I think that is the command) postgresql-plproxy
>
> I believe Devrim already has a yum repository up and running for
> RPM-based distros, though I'm not sure he's got anything but the core
> packages in it (yet).

Well that was certainly part of my point. We have
http://www.pgsqlrpms.org/

We also push (a ton) of packages up to EPEL.

I also know that Peter has been working on something similar with SuSE
and Debian.

E.g; in short let's work with respective projects to get these as part
of the repositories.

Joshua D. Drake