Re: BUG #17858: ExecEvalArrayExpr() leaves uninitialised memory for multidim array with nulls - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17858: ExecEvalArrayExpr() leaves uninitialised memory for multidim array with nulls
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm afraid that zeroing only bytes behind nitems bits is not enough, as outDatum() doesn't bother to calculate the
exact
> size of nulls bitmap, it just outputs all bytes of a datum (40 bytes in that case):

In that case, won't padding bytes between array elements also create
issues?  Seems like we have to just zero the whole array area, like
those other functions do.

            regards, tom lane