Is autovacuum doing a wraparound-avoiding VACUUM? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Is autovacuum doing a wraparound-avoiding VACUUM?
Date
List pgsql-patches
Is autovacuum doing a wraparound-avoiding VACUUM?
Currently, no easy way to tell.

Patch to change message of autovac in pg_stat_activity when we are
performing an anti-wraparound VACUUM.

We will then be able to explain why an autovacuum process doesn't get
cancelled, like we might otherwise hope it would be.

That way we can tell difference between hung and just important.

Perhaps message should say "non-automatically cancelled VACUUM
<tablename>", but that sounded more obscure than the phrase I selected.

Discuss...

Attachment