initdb in current cvs head broken? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sushant Sinha
Subject initdb in current cvs head broken?
Date
Re: initdb in current cvs head broken?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am trying to generate a patch with respect to the current CVS head. So
ai rsynced the tree, then did cvs up and installed the db. However, when
I did initdb on a data directory it is stuck:

It is stuck after printing creating template1
creating template1 database in /home/postgres/data/base/1 ...

I did strace

$ strace -p 9852
Process 9852 attached - interrupt to quit
waitpid(9864,

then I  straced 9864

$ strace -p 9864
Process 9864 attached - interrupt to quit
semop(8060958, 0xbff36fee,
$ ps aux|grep 9864
postgres  9864  1.5  1.3  37296  6816 pts/1    S+   07:51
0:02 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres --boot -x1 -F

Seems like a bug to me. Is the tree stable only after commit fests and I
should not use the unstable tree for generating patches?

Thanks,
-Sushant.