Re: Relation forks & FSM rewrite patches - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Relation forks & FSM rewrite patches
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 19:36 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Here's an updated version of the "relation forks" patch, and an
> incremental FSM rewrite patch on top of that. The relation forks patch
> is ready for review. The FSM implementation is more work-in-progress
> still, but I'd like to get some review on that as well, with the goal of
> doing more performance testing and committing it after the commit fest.

Hmmm, a 6000 line page with no visible documentation, readme, nor any
discussion on -hackers that I'm aware of.

Could you write something up please? And/or post links to the relevant
discussions wherever they took place.

I'm interested in the FSM and how it might change.