Re: [HACKERS] odd output in restore mode - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] odd output in restore mode
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 19:29 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Dave Page wrote:

> >> Copy a large file across a relatively slow network, and check the size
> >> on the destination drive before it finishes.

> >> It does not pre-allocate.

> >> Sounds reasonable to me.
> >>

> > Are there any changes we need to make here?
> >

> Yes. Simon has promised a patch to do the above.

Patch implements

* recommendation to use GnuWin32 cp on Windows
* provide "holdtime" delay, default 0 (on all platforms)
* default stays same on Windows="copy" to ensure people upgrading don't
get stung

Patch should be backpatched to 8.3, plus to CVS HEAD.

We should recommend in next 8.3 release notes that people use "-p" or
"-l" rather than just letting it default.

Will add permalink to Wiki when patch appears in archives.

Attachment