Re: [HACKERS] BUG in 6.5 - GROUP BY inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] BUG in 6.5 - GROUP BY inheritance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chris.bitmead@bigfoot.com> writes:
> httpd=> SELECT question.oid, question.title, question.summary,
> question.datetime, category.oid, category.title, category.image, email,
> webuser.name, count(comment.oid) FROM question, webuser,
> category*,comment WHERE question.webuser = webuser.oid and
> question.category = category.oid AND comment.webobject = question.oid
> GROUP BY question.oid, question.title, question.summary,
> question.datetime, category.oid, category.title, category.image, email,
> webuser.name UNION SELECT question.oid, question.title,
> question.summary, question.datetime, category.oid, category.title,
> category.image, webuser.email, webuser.name, 0 FROM question, webuser,
> category* WHERE question.webuser = webuser.oid and question.category =
> category.oid;
> ERROR:  replace_vars_with_subplan_refs: variable not in target list

Would it be possible to have some CREATE TABLE statements for these
tables, so that the problem can be reproduced without so much
reverse-engineering?

BTW, I do not know when "yesterday" your time might have been,
but I committed a critical fix for UNION + GROUP BY in
backend/optimizer/prep/prepunion.c at 10 Jun 02:55 EDT (-0400).
If you don't have that version please update and try again.