Re: Proposal - improve eqsel estimates by including histogram bucket numdistinct statistics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Proposal - improve eqsel estimates by including histogram bucket numdistinct statistics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 08:51 -0700, Nathan Boley wrote:

> Thats a good point, but I don't see a clear solution. Maybe we could

I think that MCVs are the solution, right? A low ndistinct means that
those values will likely be MCVs.

Since you brought up a different process for choosing MCVs, maybe a
better name might be "Most Interesting Values".

Regards,Jeff Davis