Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Keith Parks <emkxp01@mtcc.demon.co.uk> writes:
> This is due to 2 problems.
> 1) The awk script is broken over 2 lines.
> 2) Solaris's awk does not seem to understand REs in split(). (nawk's OK)

I don't think so --- the exact same split() construct is there in the
old regress.sh test driver, same as it ever was.  I can believe the line
break is a problem, but if there's another problem then you need to
keep digging.

Comparing the two scripts, I wonder if Jan broke it by adding '/bin/sh'
to the invocation of config.guess.  Doesn't seem very likely, but...