Specifying xlog directory during initdb is failing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Specifying xlog directory during initdb is failing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I was testing -X option, and I cannot make it work. This is PostgreSQL
8.3.1 on Fedora 9:

-bash-3.2$ initdb -d -X xlog/ -D data/
Running in debug mode.
VERSION=8.3.1
PGDATA=data
share_path=/usr/share/pgsql
PGPATH=/usr/bin
POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME=postgres
POSTGRES_BKI=/usr/share/pgsql/postgres.bki
POSTGRES_DESCR=/usr/share/pgsql/postgres.description
POSTGRES_SHDESCR=/usr/share/pgsql/postgres.shdescription
POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=/usr/share/pgsql/postgresql.conf.sample
PG_HBA_SAMPLE=/usr/share/pgsql/pg_hba.conf.sample
PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=/usr/share/pgsql/pg_ident.conf.sample
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

creating directory data ... ok
creating directory xlog/ ... ok
creating subdirectories ... initdb: could not create directory "data/pg_xlog": File exists
initdb: removing data directory "data"
initdb: removing transaction log directory "xlog"

Am I missing something here? If not, this is a bug I believe.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE