Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
Date
Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1  (Yury Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As for the core problem, I wonder why we aren't recommending that
>> third-party modules be built using the same infrastructure contrib
>> uses, rather than people ginning up their own infrastructure and
>> then finding out the hard way that that means they need PGDLLEXPORT
>> marks.

> So, they'd need to generate export files somehow?

My point is that that's a solved problem.  Perhaps the issue is that
we haven't made our src/tools/msvc infrastructure available for outside
use in the way that we've exported our Unix build infrastructure through
PGXS.  But if so, I should think that working on that is the thing to do.

[ wanders away wondering what cmake does with this... ]